I don’t know where you live, but where I live, it’s hot! I have lived in Minnesota most of my life and I’m a Minnesota girl through and through. A perfect day for me would start and end around 50°, then sit around 70° the rest of the day. Lately it has been in the 90′s and even the 100′s, I personally don’t care to go outside on those days. So here are some ways I’m still getting my exercise but beating the heat.
- Get up early. Getting up with the sun makes for a cooler run. Though when I wake up at 5:30 and it’s 79°, I usually stay in.
- Go out late. When the sun is going down, the temperature usually starts to drop. Last night I went for a walk at about 7:30 and it felt a lot more tolerable than if I would have went earlier.
- Water exercise. Swimming is great exercise, plus you are cooling off at the same time. I live in the land of 10,000 lakes so there is usually water close by to go swimming in. I’m also blessed to have a pool in my neighborhood. Sometimes I try to get a few laps in while the rest of the family plays.
- Exercise in your home. This is the option I have been using the most. I stick in Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred and get my sweat on. I know some of you have treadmills and hand weights, so start using them.
- Get a gym membership. This option sounds very tempting to me right now. Exercising on the elliptical machine with air conditioning and maybe add in a spin class and your good to go.
- If you can’t beat the heat, join it. You’re going to sweat when you exercise anyway, so take your 20 minute walk. You need to get your movement in! Just make sure to drink lots of water!
Whatever the temperature is today, make sure you get some exercise and drink your water!
How do you beat the heat and still get your exercise in?
Weight last week: 154.5 pounds
Weight this week: 154.5 pounds
Total weight loss this year: 29.5 pounds
This post contains affiliate links.